Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Harder than I thought it would be...


Getting a read aloud in every day was harder than I thought it would be.  I had to be very intentional about getting those read alouds in every day.  But, boy-howdy!  It was SO lovely!  I love love love reading stories to my students.  And from their body language, I can tell they love it too.  

I told the kiddos about my goal so that they can help keep me accountable.  Next week I'd like for the student of the day to tweet out our read aloud of the day, but that does take a lot of intentionality.  I'm hoping once I get them trained it will be easy peasy.  Now that I am typing, maybe it would be best to train one student well, and then in a week or two, have that student train the next tweeter.

Here are the books I read aloud this week:
In writing this week Team Awesome 174 had some choices about what they wanted to write about this week.  Acrostic poems about winter, cold, ice, snow, and other cold things was one of the options. 


With this (classic) story by Ezra Jack Keats we talked about how stories can be about simple things that happen in a simple way.  Students could also write stories about their own experiences with snow.  

With this book, we worked on finding the main idea on each page.  Students recorded their thoughts  in Seesaw.

With this book, we worked on transmediating the information from this book into our own words and images.
(taking notes for nonfiction writing)

Gotta keep the ball rolling on this...does not take a lot of work or effort, but it does take a lot of intentionality. (apparently the word of the day) I'm up for it! Read on!

Joy in the room
Joy in our hearts
Joy in the learning





No comments:

Post a Comment