Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Joy of Reflection #morereadaloudsin2018

Ah, the joy of reflecting.  No, but really.  Friday was a busy day that didn't go exactly as I had planned.  Yay!  An opportunity for reflection.  

I realized that two mistakes keep appearing before me:

1.  I do not give enough examples of what I want from them before sending them loose.
2.  If something is going well I sometimes let it go on longer than the allotted time.  

Guess what? Both happened on Friday.  So when I say things didn't go exactly as planned, obviously a big chunk of that is on me.  It usually is.  

So, what to do?
1.  Give more examples than you think necessary.  Over-teach, if you will.  More modeling, more I do and we do.  
2.  Keep to the schedule.  Because almost always the "Let's go a little longer because they are doing so well" mentality backfires on me.  Stop while it is going well.  

The solutions are simple.  The implementation will not be.  I will be back to reflect on this reflection!  
Joy in our hearts
Joy in the room
Joy in the learning

No comments:

Post a Comment