Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

What in the day?

What in the day?
Reflections on the day

1. I introduced my students to making tutorial screencasts to teach others how to use an app.  Oh my, were they excited! (So was I because people would WAY rather listen to them than to me!)  


First posted screencast was for Toontastic.  Thanks, JS!




2.  We read Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters and talked about possible themes in the book.  They've come so far in their understanding of theme.  I put their assignment in a Seesaw Activity, so that was a first for me.  I love it that they know more than I do!  

Here's BS's theme and support.  Good job! (Oh how I love 💜 teaching themes!)



3.  Introduced new fluency passages.  We are studying themes, so the passages are about themes.  It is so awesome that they have this routine down.

All in all a sunshine kind of day!  
Goal for this week?  

Made at recite.com
Joy in our hearts
Joy in our room
Joy in our learning

1 comment:

  1. I love the different ways you are helping your students make their thinking and learning more visible to a wider, more global audience! It's awesome to see that you are able to tap into "when they are at their best," and use that to create meaningful learning opportunities. Plus, students teaching students is always a great idea!

    I wonder if you are having students provide feedback to each other before posting/sharing final products? How are they reacting to comments and thoughts from outside readers/viewers?

    Thanks for sharing the AWESOME things going on in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete