Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Fluency


Okay, so here is what I ended up doing to set my students up in Seesaw for fluency practice. 

I set up a picture taking station with a piping thingy that used to be a laundry basket and a table extension from my dining room table.  It also works to use two milk crates and place the book between them and the board over them.  The camera peeks out over the top so you can take a picture of the book without all the wobbling.
High tech photography station

Then I chose 4 books that were in my students' reading ranges.  For each book, I took pictures of the first several pictures (100 words or so).

Then, I put them into Seesaw (You can put several pictures in one post by selecting "Add more pictures" when you are choosing from your camera roll.  Shout out to Dillyn for helping me figure this out.).

I assigned the right books to the right students. Here is what I am going to have the students do:




Here are my directions for my students:

1. Go into Seesaw and click on the Fluency Folder.
2. Open the post you see there for you.
3. Go to your control panel and hold the circle button down 
Hold the double circle down for a few seconds (it is under the camera icon).
This will pop up:



4.  Turn microphone audio ON.
5.  Start recording and go back to Seesaw.
6.  Read the story and record.
7.  Save into Photo Library.
8.  Go to Photo Library and post your video to Seesaw.
9.  We will do this every day for a week.  I am so excited to see how you will grow!

Here is a copy of the directions I will give the students:
Instructions for Seesaw Fluency activity

Let me know if  you try this or have other ideas!
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment